• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2021 - constant messages to update.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I had PSE 2020 I kept getting constant messages asking me to install update which I did mant times but message kept appearing and it would, on occasion, caue my Mac computer to freeze - when I upgraded to PSE 2021 the same messages keep appearing - I have tried to update a number of times but although the update is installed next time I open the message reappears - it is gettin very tiresome - so are Adobe aware of this problem and are they going to fix it??

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re a comment in the forum from Michael when I open help the update is greyed out. But this does not stop, without any provocation from myself Adobe asking me to update. I alwys click the install on exit option just to get rid of it and when I exit I am obviously asked to install I click no until the invite box closes and I am left in peace. It is so annoying and if I seeek support all I get is the Creative cloud pages for Photoshop with no reference to Pse whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy of the message I get every time I open PSE 2021 even though I have upgraded at least 6 times with the same update.Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 17.13.07 copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

For PSE 2021, only an update for ECR 13.0 is available and no other updates are available.

Could you please share the build number with me for all the Adobe Elements versions that you have?

1. PSE Editor

2. Elements Organizer

To Check the build number, Please launch Editor and click on Help -> System Info...

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hope this is the info you were requesting:

Version: 19.0 (20200826 m. 151582 ) x 64

Operating System: Mac OS 10.16.0 - this appears in system infor but is out of date as I have upgraded to Mac OS Big Sur version: 11.1

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Is this Version: 19.0 (20200826 m. 151582 ) x 64 same for both PSE and EO?

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If EO refers to Elements Orgamiser then I have to advise that I do not use the organiser - this is nothing against Organiser but I have always maintained my own file arrangements for photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried completing the update?

Also even if you do not use Elements Organizer, it might still be installed - could you check the version and confirm please?

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT >PREFERENCES >APPLICATION UPDATES Uncheck the "notifiy me" box. 2021-02-01_053849.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We cannot uncheck this, but can switch to Automatic mode, which will try to install the updates when you close the application.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to uncheck this - only leaves a notify me later option.

I have installed this a number of times, whatever it is, and it still keeps appearing - it is really irritating. In PSE 2020 had same problem but when I tried to update my page froze and I could not exit the program and I had to resort to rebooting my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just do not understand this - been using PSE since the early versions and never had this problem before - is it possibly a bug ?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled - the "catch all  "solution to many problems and this does not help.

Has anyone else reorted this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not heard of anyone reporting this issue before, but we can connect to debug the issue. Could you check your private message and confirm your availability.

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin

Re organiser I have removed this from my computer so it is no longer active. I have just clicked the tab on the welcome page and it says organiser workspace being loaded but just spins around and orgniser does not appear.

I did receive your private email about fixing a time to have a connected session but it bounced back as non-deliverable.

I am athome all day today and after 12.00 tomorrooow. Please let me know what suits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Could you share the steps that you used to remove Organizer from your computer?

Also, Did you do this for E2020 also?

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin

As I have an Apple imac computer I went into the Application support folder and removed Organiser – I had previously done this with PSE 2020 with no resultant problems so I do not think the removal of Organiser is the problem.

It is not causing problems with any of the photo editor facilities.

Interesting that when this same problem originally occurred in PSE 2020 when I tried to update as suggested by the Adobe message the computer froze and I was not able use editor and was forced to reboot every time. In PSE 2021 it gives me the option to install on exit which I tick and then cancel the update when the update message appears on exit.

As I stated I have been able to complete the update process about 6 times but it does not stop there as next time I open editor I have the same update nonsense happening all over again.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

This is an unexpected case, where we delete Organizer and move it to Bin. This could be the reason of the unexpected updates as well.

Elements cannot be simply removed to BIN like other Apple appstore applications if you have not installed it from the appstore.

In order to remove Elements, Please use the Uninstaller that is present inside "Applications -> Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 -> Support Files" folder. 

Then again install Elements 2021 and this time do not delete Elements Organizer. 

Please let me know if after following the steps you still face the issue.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin - I will try again uninstall and reinstall but as I said in my last post Iremoved Organiser in PSE 2020 using the same method and had no problems. I have also removed other applications as well as oragniser even though they have not been installed from the app store.

I also removed Organiser in PSE 2020 and had no problems until I kept hettimg the repetitive to download update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin - followed your advice and uninstalled and reinstalled PSE 2021.

As soon as I opened a message popped up advising that there was an upadte available and I thought Oh! No not Again lol! But I noticed that the update had  adate of 3 February so decided to proceed - initally I got a message that It could not be installed due to Error 13-whatever that is, but proceeded to crack on with installing update - the update was installed wihtout any problems. I decided to exit and expected the old message about a new update would appear - but it did not. I then did a little work on a photo from my archive - no problems. So it looks like their may have been a bug and today's update fixedit - OR maybe the Software Angels felt sympathetic.T

hanks for all your help and perseverance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines