• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2021 does not open EOR R5/R6 CR3 raw files.

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2021 ships with Adobe Camera Raw 12.3, but the EOS R5 and R6 cameras require ACR 12.4 to process.    Will the ACR version be updated?    If not PSE 2021 is useless as I don't want to have to add a step in my workflow to use the DNG converter to convert the CR3 files to Adobe DNG.

TOPICS
Feature request , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at one of the similar recent discussions on that subject:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/camera-raw/m-p/11493020?page=1#M60694

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rwvaughn ,

We have updated the ACR version to 13.0. Hope you have installed the latest version. If not, please do so, you will get the prompt to update on relaunch of the product.

Also, do let us know if you still face any issues.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make sure that I fully understand.   I am currently using Elements 2020.   Shooting with a Canon R5 camera - in raw,  I will need to update to the latest version of Elements in order to edit my photos - correct?   Doing so, there will be no additional steps or batch conversion necessary?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to make sure that I fully understand.   I am currently using Elements 2020.   Shooting with a Canon R5 camera - in raw,  I will need to update to the latest version of Elements in order to edit my photos - correct?   Doing so, there will be no additional steps or batch conversion necessary?

By @argonese

To be precise, you are supposed to buy the new PSE2022 version.

However start with:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-...

The links in that tech doc say that you could buy PSE2021 which supports the ACR12.4 needed for your R5. PSE2021 is no longer sold by Adobe directly, but may be available elsewhere.

The links also tell that in your case, you always can download and install the free Adobe DNGconver which can batch convert a whole folder of your proprietary raw files to the universal open raw format DNG; your older PSE version can read and edit DNG. An additional batch step, but free and with the same quality.

What is not mentioned in that doc is that there is an official workaround from Adobe to manually update your PSE2020 to the current ACR 14.1 version:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines