• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2021 - serial number

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased and downloaded PSE 2021. I had to enter the serial number...no problem...downloaded successfully. However I didn't write down the serial number. I want to keep it somewhere safe in case my hard drive crashes at some point (it wouldn't be the first time-ugh!)

Where do I find this serial number.  I don't see it recorded in the program anywhere unless I am not looking in the right place.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Since you purchased it from Staples not from Adobe, it will not be in your Adobe Order History.  And since you ordered from Staples, you probably received a redemption code, not a serial number.  If that is the case, you need to convert the redemption code to a serial number.  See this Help article for how to do that.

Although you have told us that you have downloaded the program successfully, you haven't said whether you have actually installed it.  Nor have you told us whether you have regis

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer this to find the serial number, 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/find-serial-number-elements.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to Plans and checked order history.  It says there are no orders in my history.  I can assure you I purchased PSE Ekements 3021 from Stapkes and downloaded it from their email to me.  I really dislike not actually having a physical item for this very reason.  If I had the physical box everything would be right there...not out in the internet world somewhere.  Hat do I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you purchased it from Staples not from Adobe, it will not be in your Adobe Order History.  And since you ordered from Staples, you probably received a redemption code, not a serial number.  If that is the case, you need to convert the redemption code to a serial number.  See this Help article for how to do that.

Although you have told us that you have downloaded the program successfully, you haven't said whether you have actually installed it.  Nor have you told us whether you have registered the program using your Adobe account.  If you have in fact done all of this, then as you have been told, your serial number should appear in your Adobe account.

1. Sign in to your Adobe account on the  Adobe.com website
  2. Click on the Plans menu
  3. Click on My Products
  4. Your Registered Products should be listed with the serial number.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.21_19h27m16s_002_.png

It is possible to install the product and use it in trial mode for 30 days without entering the serial number.  If this is what you have done, then you need to find the redemption code from Staples and locate the serial number at the link suggested by Nidhi in an earlier post.

As for having a box, some online sellers still sell these with DVDs.  But you cannot get a boxed DVD version from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  I started over completely with the redemption code.  I was leary of using it twice for fear it would negate everything I had done.  I was then able to get the serial number which I wrote down this time before clicking on the download link.  I did need the serial number to register the product.  All seems fine at the moment anyway and Photoshop Elements appears in My Plans in my account. I hope I am correct to assume that once the product is registered it is no longer a 'trial' version.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>> I hope I am correct to assume that once the product is registered it is no longer a 'trial' version.

Registration means that your serial number is linked to your Adobe ID in Adobe's records.

Each time you install, or re-install, the software, it will be in trial mode until you enter your valid serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There really is no reason to write it down- it's all listed in your adobe account-- just go to "my plans" to see the purchases you have registered.   I blurred mine out. 2020-12-15_182932.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There really is no reason to write it down- it's all listed in your adobe account"

I prefer to keep track of my serial numbers (and keep copies of my downloads) in case Adobe decides to stop storing obsolete software info in accounts or in case something happens to Adobe's stored information.

It's not an perfect analogy, but similar situations are described in Schofield's First and Second Laws:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/follow-schofields-three-laws-of-computing-and-avoid-disasters/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what happens if my computer crashes. What kind if hoops would I have to jump through in order to get the serial number from Adobe.

And why does My Order history say I have no orders. Is it because I didn't order directly from Adobe but from my local office supply store (namely 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>There really is no reason to write it down-

I have always stored all mine in my personal Dropbox in case Adobe ever loses or deletes my serial numbers. Adobe reviews its policies regularly so there's no guarantee that your serial numbers will be stored in your online account forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dunno, I've been good with them for 10 years-- honestly, why woud l I want to worry about 10 year old software anyway, that's been repalced with far better products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't. But you may need old serial numbers to reinstall upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DEWilley please see my earlier post in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines