• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 8 & Bridge CS4 vs PSE 15

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hung on to my PSE 8 and Bridge until I purchases my new MacBook Air on which it no longer runs.  I like the way I have my artwork pictures organized in Bridge CS4.  Is the organizer in PSE 15 similar?  I don't like to look for my files by faces/date/etc, but the name of the piece.  E.g.  I really don't like the way iPhoto organizes on its own mind.  Will my individual files become Albums or do I have start making Albums (files) all over again (about 7 years of photos)?  I could not find the answer on the YouTubes.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Yes Organizer too preservers your Folder names and their association with the files.

You can check out this : Import media from files and folders in Elements Organizer

I would also suggest you to try the free trial version of PSE 15 from here: Download Photoshop Elements | 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

This would help you understand it better.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can see Picture & photo editing software | Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 - Features  to find out more about Elements Organizer 15.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion.  Been there, but does not have the answer.  My photos, have no faces, no places, but each file folder has a name.  In Bridge it was all right there in folders in alphabetical order.  Is that the same in Elements 15 organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Organizer too preservers your Folder names and their association with the files.

You can check out this : Import media from files and folders in Elements Organizer

I would also suggest you to try the free trial version of PSE 15 from here: Download Photoshop Elements | 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

This would help you understand it better.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arshla,

Thank you again.

Unfortunately I had already purchased PSE when I saw your second message, was thinking about it but then took the plunge since I could no longer open any photos in my PSE8.

Hope I can make this work.

I sort of figured out the organize, except how can I have the folders by name only, not dates. I may take a photo of my piece in progress and want it all in the same folder. Im Preferences I see only by date or oldest or newest within each day. Therefore it makes multiple folders of the same subject.

So far, I am not very pleased and the tutorial on organizing is all about people, faces, and places.

Thank you so much for further illumination!

Best,

Katharina Litchman

tipper@mindspring.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines