Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 9 validation key lost

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
Today my laptop returned from the repair man. He had to rebuild my computer because of a virus and a Trojan horse.
I'm installing all the software I work with, including PSE 9 that I LOVE and have been using for ages. I have the original disk and manual, but the product key is nowhere to be found. For now I'm installing the trial version, but that only lasts for a week or so.
How can I retrieve the key that I once paid for?
(I know it's an old version, but it works fine for me. And especially with the HUGE amount of repair costs, I'm not willing to invest in the newest version with features I'll never use.)

Tnx in advance!
Hieke

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Found it in my account! Thanks to VERY OLD tickets/threads.

Can I somehow delete this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Fortunately or unfortunately, users cannot delete threads that they started.  Even forum moderators cannot delete theads.  That power is reserved to Adobe employees.  I will mark your question as answered and just add that anyone who wants to find their registered serial numbers can click this link.  After signing in to your Adobe.com account, you will be taken to your profile's Products page where the serial numbers are listed. 

Adobe has also just started to provide download links for all ol

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and I registered back then, when I bought the product. Maybe this info helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it in my account! Thanks to VERY OLD tickets/threads.

Can I somehow delete this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hieke,

Glad you sorted your problem out 🙂

And this thread will be useful for other people in a similar situation to yourself... no need to worry about whether it should be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately or unfortunately, users cannot delete threads that they started.  Even forum moderators cannot delete theads.  That power is reserved to Adobe employees.  I will mark your question as answered and just add that anyone who wants to find their registered serial numbers can click this link.  After signing in to your Adobe.com account, you will be taken to your profile's Products page where the serial numbers are listed. 

Adobe has also just started to provide download links for all older versions of Elements from at least version 10 forward.  @HiekeH, can you tell me whether there is a download link for version 9 in your account.  For some reason, I don't have a registered copy of PSE 9 in my account, although I undoubtedly had a copy at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick and eloquent / elaborate reply.

Yes, I can confirm that I found a download link of PSE 9. My PSE 5 was still there too, but without a download link. Fortunately, I only needed the key.

I was looking for a way of closing this ticket, but I couldn't find it. Is that option only available for Adobe employees? Or did I overlook it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HiekeH, thanks for confirmation that you have a download link for PSE 9.  Did you originally purchase via a boxed DVD or through a dowload?  I ask because download links should have always been available for those who purchased via download.  It is only within the past few weeks that the download links are now available for those who purchased via disc.

This is a user to user forum, so we don't keep track of "closing [support] tickets".  The system here is to mark a question as answered.  This can be done via the OP or by a forum moderator/ACP.  If an answer hasn't been marked as correct within about a week, the OP will get an email asking whether their question has been answered, and, if so, they are asked to mark the correct answer.  Very few users on this forum actually do so.  So, thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,
I bought both PSE 5 and 9 in a boxed version. Now 9 has a download link too, 5 doesn't.
Tnx again for your elaborate answers. Now... where do I find the button to mark this as resolved? I only see 'Correct Answer'. I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg,
I bought both PSE 5 and 9 in a boxed version. Now 9 has a download link too, 5 doesn't.
Tnx again for your elaborate answers. Now... where do I find the button to mark this as resolved? I only see 'Correct Answer'. I'll try that.

By @HiekeH

It's normal: PSE5 was not protected by an activation server and there was no available download from Adobe. You had to keep a copy of the installation files or the disk as well as the license key by yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines