Highlighted

pse 9 windows to pse 2020 mac

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using PSE 9 on windows 10, just got a mac, installed PSE 2020.  Backed up catalog on mac and tried to import to mac PSE 2020 and it imported folders but nothing in them.  I am afraid that since pse 9 is 32 bit and pse 2020 mac is 64bit, the catalogs will not import correctly.  I don't want to have to reload 6000+ pictures and recatagorize them, oh me.  Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

pse 9 windows to pse 2020 mac

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using PSE 9 on windows 10, just got a mac, installed PSE 2020.  Backed up catalog on mac and tried to import to mac PSE 2020 and it imported folders but nothing in them.  I am afraid that since pse 9 is 32 bit and pse 2020 mac is 64bit, the catalogs will not import correctly.  I don't want to have to reload 6000+ pictures and recatagorize them, oh me.  Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the "Photoshop" forum for you.
~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the Organizer backup & restore process. Start with full backup of PSE9 on the Windows machine. You will need to use an external drive formatted for both Windows and Mac e.g. Fat32. You can then restore into PSE 2020 Organizer on the Mac by connecting the compatible drive to copy the catalog database and all the image files.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0