• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE auto stack raw + jpg (should be jpg + raw)

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together

I'm using all PSE since 15years actually still PSE15. The feature to import jpg + raw directly from the camera with autostack is great. BUT, I would like to sort the stacks that jpg is always the first picture in stack. Since there are no options for autostack it is always a lot of manual work to change the order, also there is no keyboard shortcut available for reorder stacks I always have to proceed via menu or mouse right click>stack>set picture as first image in stack. If you have a lot of new images it’s always a lot of time waste. So if I could change the order during autostack would be great. Is there any chance?

BR

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TomRexPSE  wrote

Hi together

I'm using all PSE since 15years actually still PSE15. The feature to import jpg + raw directly from the camera with autostack is great. BUT, I would like to sort the stacks that jpg is always the first picture in stack. Since there are no options for autostack it is always a lot of manual work to change the order, also there is no keyboard shortcut available for reorder stacks I always have to proceed via menu or mouse right click>stack>set picture as first image in stack. If you have a lot of new images it’s always a lot of time waste. So if I could change the order during autostack would be great.

BR

Tom

You are right, I don't see the point of setting the raw version on top. No advantage, only drawbacks.

Is there any chance?

I remember posting a similar request in the feedback forum when that feature was introduced. No votes from other users, no answers by Adobe. I don't think they'll change the top of stack, but if I find the original post in the feedback forum, I'll request a preference option...

I have changed my workflow. I no longer shoot raw + jpeg.

Edit:

I found that feedback post:

Elements: Organizer automatic stack suggestion with raw & jpegs. | Photoshop Family Customer Communi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem still appears to exist with Elements 2020.  Adobe, please address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines