• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE creates duplicates when editing images

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After editing images, I save the edited image with the overwrite option. However, it creates a duplicate image as well. Why does it do this, and how do I prevent it happening?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have already posted for similar issues. From what I can read especially about Lightroom, this is an issue created by the latest Mac OS versions. I am not a Mac user, but it seems from the numerous posts in the feedback forum that everything is acting as if Apple has added a safety blocking for overwriting your files. It seems also that Adobe has not yet been able today to solve the issue. I don't know either if other editors than Adobe have the same issue.

So, I very much doubt that you'll get a solution in this user to user forum where Mac users are not the majority.

Rather post in the feedback forum and look for similar complaints and perhaps for workarounds.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did post on this issue before, but I didn't think it was properly resolved. As a Mac user, I have not experienced this problem before, with earlier versions of PSE. And it is possible for me to 'overwrite' documents etc. with other software so I don't think it's a Mac problem. I think it's an error within PSE which creates the duplicate, even when it is not supposed to. Further thoughts would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines