• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE ELEMENTS MAPPING TAGS

Participant ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe ( and on-line colleagues), before I upgrade to PSE 2020 can anyone confirm whether Adobe has fixed the Place naming problem,  This is where the new Geo system allowed only 2 or 3 levels of tagging for a place which meant that so many images could not be fuly tagged. For instance in PSE 17 'Charlestown, Manchester, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom' only shows as 'Manchester' - realy quite useless.  Previously, Adobe has totally ignored my questions and requests for an upgrade.

So, Adobe, how many levels of Place tagging work in the 2020 version?  PLEASE answer this question.

TOPICS
Feature request , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an answer from Adobe, only from another user.

How can you imagine that Adobe can solve that situation?

The geographical data is  managed and stored by the map provider, and that is the intellectual property of the map provider. Adobe only provides a way to translate that hierarchical information into tags and stacks in the catalog structure. Thare are many justified complaints that the current hierarchy does not fit everybody's need, that changing the map provider due to Google's decisions has created conflicting tag places... And remember that even with Google Maps in older versions, you got a number of complaints.

So, if you have read the many discussions about that topic, you may have understood that if you want a personal, 'custom' hierarchy, it's up to you to use your own custom hierarchy in normal media (not places) tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thought: is there a way to 'move' all of my geotagged place names to become just ordinary media tags?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sweepling said:

is there a way to 'move' all of my geotagged place names to become just ordinary media tags?

I would suggest creating your keyword places hierarchy.   Then, for each of your existing Places tags, check the box to filter the grid by that place, select all of the files in the grid (Ctrl+A), and then drag your new keyword tag to the grid.  This will tag all of the desired media with the keyword tag.  Finally, you can delete the Places tag if you want to clean up the geo-tagged hierarchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks - I'll try that.  Also, I have approached MapBox ref the faulty Geo tagging of locations of 5+ and will post their reply, if I get one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines