• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE18 Catalog Error no repair option

New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My backup bombs out usually when trying to backup a file that is not "connected" I have deleted the file and there is no file to connect to. How do I fix that.  When I try to repair catalog I do not have a "repair" option. I can optimize and that works fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Craigr,

As you're facing issue backing up the catalog, could you please try the steps mentioned in this article and let us know if it helps?Back up or restore catalogs in Elements Organizer 2018

Also, could you please let us know the operating system you're working on?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannon get past the reconnecting part of these instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

craigr58215170  wrote

My backup bombs out usually when trying to backup a file that is not "connected" I have deleted the file and there is no file to connect to. How do I fix that.  When I try to repair catalog I do not have a "repair" option. I can optimize and that works fine.

I don't understand two things:

- What happens when you try to backup your catalog/library?  Do you get a message warning about missing files? If you backup a catalog with missing (disconnected) files, the backup will not abort or fail. It will create a backup including the missing files in the catalog but obviously without the media files.

- If you have disconnected files which you can't reconnect (they may have been totally erased), you can use the 'reconnect' procedure. When you are shown the list of missing files, you can select them and from the menu on top of the dialog box (three horizontal bars) you can choose 'select all' or 'delete all'. That removes the missing files from the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems deleting the files in question (i never saw that little arrow drop down box). Might fix the issue.   Thanks for that heads up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines