• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE19 - Problem using "open in raw" on scanned images

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently reviewed a PSE video where the author used "open in raw" to make adjustments and then took a jpeg from that back to expert mode for normal expert editing

Trying to play with that but can't seem to open my scanned (35mm slides) images in raw.  It might be only camera produced images work but I tested some of those and not all of them would open in raw either.

Can anyone point specific criterai for using "open in raw" in PSE!  Also, I have seen ACR mentioned re eiditing raw.  What is that?  

Thanks 

Jerry Delaney

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can use the 'open in camera raw' file menu option with non raw files, such as jpeg, psd, tiff, png.

I can even open psd/tiff multilayers files, in which case the edits apply to the composite result.

So, I don't see what can be a problem with scanned files (they open ok for me).

What's the size of those files in pixels?

Reediting in ACR is using the 'parametric editing' editing mode, which does not change anything to the pixels, but writes all the settings you apply from the various sliders in the ACR dialog. The editing 'recipe' is saved together with the original; for raws in small text xmp sidecar files, for non raws in the metadata header of the file itself. So, the original is never changed and it's available to try another set of edits, for instance producing a black and white result instead of full colour.

Also, do you use the organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines