Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE19 "No Valid Files Found" in Photo Downloader

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using PSE19 on a Mac and I'm trying to download pictures from my iPhone 8+. I connect the phone to the Mac and start the Photo downloader from Elements Organizer. It sees the phone but says "No valid files found". I have quite a few pictures in there (100+) and I think some are HEIF and some are JPEG as I changed the default format last year when HEIF still wasn't supported by PSE 18. I bought PSE19 under the assumption that it would support the new file format.

Any idea what's going on?

Mac OS 10.14.4 Mojave

PSE 2019 V. 17.0

iOS 12.2 on an iPhone 8+

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the No files found error, the HEIF format is supported by Photoshop Elements 2019. Would you mind manually installing the Camera Raw plugin from here: Camera Raw plug-in installer and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Thank you for the suggestion. I installed version 11.2.1 but unfortunately it's still not recognizing any valid files on the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my iOS11 device I had to change a preference setting.  

Go to: Settings >> Photos >> Transfer to Mac or PC

Choose “Keep Originals”

This was previously set to automatic which results in conversion to jpeg. But after changing this setting files remained as HEIC.

You could then then try copying the files to a new folder perhaps using image capture app. Then use the organizer menu:

File >> Get Photos & Videos >> From Files & Folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jon. I gave that a shot but still no luck. You're right I could try another app and then get them into PSE that way but I would like to get this figured out. The big reason I upgraded to 2019 was so I could download HEIC photos from the iPhone.

What's strange is that several months ago I changed the options on my iPhone to save them in JPEG but my old PSE 2017 still didn't see any of the photos. It seems like no matter what I do, PSE sees the phone but claims there are no valid files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines