• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE2019 Auto Curate Not Functioning

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get Auto Curate to function for me.

In Preferences, I have the Media Analysis option for Smart Tag and Auto Curate turned ON.

I can use the Smart Tags to isolate photos in the Grid.

When I select Auto Curate, I get the a pop up message. The Auto Curate box does not tick on nor do I get any options for selecting how many photos to show. I select the Yes option in the pop up.

InkedAnnotation 2019-07-02 075228_LI.jpg

The PC then seems to process in the background but nothing happens on screen. If I try to reselect Auto Curate during this, I get another pop up.

InkedAnnotation 2019-07-02 075335_LI.jpg

After a considerable time, the processing stops but there is no Auto Curate images returned.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first screen shot suggests that Auto curation was not previously running on your catalog.  The second one suggests that it is still in process.  How large is your catalog?  You have the media viewer filtered down to only 21 images.  How much more curation do you want?

What happens if you apply auto curation to your entire catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used Auto Curate before but the option to Auto Curate within Preferences was already selected ON.

My entire catalogue is just under 6000 images. I used Smart Tag filtering to narrow down the Auto Curate just to see if it would work. Whether I curate the entire catalogue or a Smart Tag filtered selection, I get the same result. That is, a period of background processing but no results returned. The Grid view remains unchanged.

I notice in the Adobe video on Auto Curate, the demonstrator selects Auto Curate, the box ticks, and images are returned with the ability to use the slider to determine how many results are returned. My experience was none of these things occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can suggest is to reset the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click on the Reset Preferences on next launch button.  Reboot your machine and see whether there is any difference in the Auto curate behavior.  (I have no idea whether it will.)  If that doesn't work, then I would suggest doing an uninstall/reinstall of the program.

Snap10_2019.04.05_10h30m16s_002_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I followed your advice and reset + reboot. No change. I also went into Windows 10 app settings and did repair and reset. Also no change.

I don't feel good about uninstall and reinstall. I'm concerned about what that will mean for all my tags and setup.

Unless there's any other suggestions from the community, I'll just go without Auto Curate.

BTW correction to my earlier post, I have 16000 images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't feel good about uninstall and reinstall. I'm concerned about what that will mean for all my tags and setup.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the program will not do anything to your tags and setup.  The catalog folder and the program files are in entirely different areas of your hard drive (unless you have placed yours in a really strange location). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines