• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE2020 Organizer displays HEIC images always in landscape mode

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing HEIC images from iPhone, the Photo Downloader correctly recognizes and displays portrait mode images as portrait images:

Elements2020 Photo Downloader HEIC files1-edited.jpg

But as soon as they are imported into the Organizer, they all are displayed in landscape mode!

Elements2020 Photo Downloader HEIC files2-edited.jpg

Rotating them is only possible if you let PSE2020 transfer the files into f.i. JPEG files, thus losing the advantages of storing HEIC compressed files....

Elements2020 rotation problem_edited-1.jpg

Hope Adobe will soon solve this nasty bug and come out with an updated version of PSE2020!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem in PSE2021 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will note that in the Organizer's preferences, there is an option to automatically rotate jpg and tiff files.  There is no such option for HEIC files.  I'm not sure whether this is an Apple or Adobe problem.  ISTR that there was a recent Apple update that dealt with the issue of rotation of images.  In any event, I plan to bring this to Adobe's attention and hope that it will be dealt with in a future version.  I would not expect an update to Elements 2021.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.14_11h43m26s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines