• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE2020 Slideshow display issue

Explorer ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a slideshow from the organizer part of the screen ( upper and to the right ) is not visible.

Please see attached screenshot.

The slideshow plays then ends like this.

There is no way to navigate out apart from "Esc" then abort the file save.

The only troubleshooting I can find is about updating the graphics drivers which I've checked and both are ok.

The application is running on a modern Dell XPS15 on Windows 10 and is fully up to date.

I have never come across any other screen issue on any of the other applications I run on this machine.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked that folder and the the folder is empty - the version is also showing 18 and my version is 20 anyway ?

Also I dont have Permiere Elements installed but I assume that's something to do with running a video slideshow from the organiser hence the reference to Premier Elements.

I have however just run the Intel driver checker tool and found an even later driver for the graphics card and installed that and from the initial test I've done it appears to have fixed the pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have dual GPUs, e.g. an integrated Intel graphics processor and a separate graphics card?  If so, disable one or the other.

Or are you using a dual monitor setup?  That can also cause problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, there are 2 devices listed - Intel HD Graphics 630 with a an Intel driver dated 25/09/2019 and

NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 - NVIDIA driver dated 7/4/2020 which I updated today thinking that might be the issue.

I've just disabled the Intel driver and PSE2020 slideshow now seems to work and the screen content is visible but the PC runs very slow now so I've re enabled it again.

Clearly this seems to be the source of the problem but not wishing to mess around with the PC too much and risk upsetting other applications and the performance of the machine I need to understand what's going on.

So, not being a techy perhaps you can help me to understand :

Why are there 2 graphics cards ?

Surely the NVIDIA card would be the most capable but when I disabled the integrated intel card it was very slow ?

And why is PSE2020 causing problems when every other application I run works just fine ?

I am sorry to be really cautious but I also use this PC for work use and need to be really careful about changing settings for PSE that might affect something else which is actually more important.

Thanks again for the help - at least I know it's something to do with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further point :

I also forgot to say when I tested it with just the NVIDIA driver enabled PSE came up with an error message about the driver which did seem strange becasue it actally has an NVIDIA driver intalled - please see attached

keithg12496682_0-1588707489667.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't claim to be an expert on this.  My understanding is that Intel marketed the integrated graphics card as a way to reduce the cost of a computer - no separate card needed.  But gamers would not be satisfied with the onboard graphics and would require additional cards.  Presumably, both GPUs can be optimized to run together for certain software and overall performance can be increased.

I have no idea why disabling the Intel graphics would slow down the machine as a whole. Did you reboot after disabling?  There may be some other settings that need to be adjusted in the BIOS or elsewhere.  (That's above my pay grade.  😁)

AFAIK, it is only the slideshow module (which requires video playback capability) that has any problem with dual GPUs.

As for the error message you have posted, it is too small for me to read.  Perhaps you can post exactly what it says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for posting on Adobe community.

It seems you are facing issue while creating a slideshow in Adobe Elements Organizer 2020.

Could you please follow the steps below:
• Browsed location C:\Users\(UserName)AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Elements Organizer(Version Number)
• Open file "Debug Database"
• Change "DS.ForceCPUOnly false false" to "DS.ForceCPUOnly true false"
* Restart your machine & check the Elements Organizer.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked that folder and the the folder is empty - the version is also showing 18 and my version is 20 anyway ?

Also I dont have Permiere Elements installed but I assume that's something to do with running a video slideshow from the organiser hence the reference to Premier Elements.

I have however just run the Intel driver checker tool and found an even later driver for the graphics card and installed that and from the initial test I've done it appears to have fixed the problem.

I've only just updated it and therfore need to check it out but will report back if still ok.

UPDATE : This seems stable and seems to have fixed the problem - update the graphics driver no matter how up to date it appears

It will be very frustrating if this is the problem since the old driver was only dated 09/2019 and Windows 10 reported it as being the latest, that's why I went no further down that route at the time.

Hopefully will report as resolved in due course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith, Elements 2020 is actually version 18.  Confusing, isn't it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the location for the folder of Elements Organizer .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 4 instances of "Elements Organizer" folders on the C drive as follows :

C:\ProgramData\Adobe

C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe

C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Documents\Adobe

Not sure whether there's any issue with this but perhaps you can let me know.

In the meantime I believe the slideshow problem has been resolved with forcing an update on the Intel graphic driver and that seems ok now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning, I'm having the same issues and can't seem to solve the problem with the instructions listed above.  I'm not able to find the proper files to "debug" or to force an update on the driver.  thanks for any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines