• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE2109 Search function broken during Album Creation

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks, When Creating an album in the organizer, why doesn't the search function work? its grayed out?

If my client chooses photos for a collage and writes down the photo number, there is no way to drop them in a Collage album by searching for the photo after the fact. I f i remember correctly, PSE15 did just that.

And why is the search function so complicated? Why can't I search for a photo using the "New " search and when found, just douple click it so organizer jsut takes me to it?

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Chet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Ceslaus1234  wrote

If my client chooses photos for a collage and writes down the photo number, there is no way to drop them in a Collage album by searching for the photo after the fact.

It is possible in this situation to search for a file name using the keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+K. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ceslaus1234  wrote

Folks, When Creating an album in the organizer, why doesn't the search function work? its grayed out?

Please explain. Creating an album is the action to create a custom list of files already highlighted or selected from any kind of search. The files are already selected, and creating an album is simply assigning a new name. I can't see why you would do another search in the few seconds needed to assign the name?

And why is the search function so complicated? Why can't I search for a photo using the "New " search and when found, just douple click it so organizer jsut takes me to it?

Am I missing something?

You have many tools for searches, including the 'New' one, which is an easier interface than the advanced search by details. My guess is that you are missing the fact that the 'New' search does exactly what it is intended for:  finding  items matching your criteria. Once it has found those, you must click on the "back" "Grid" button, top left, to see your selected items in the regular browsing space. You can select them all or only some, and create your album  or assign specific keywords to the found items.

Edit, I mean the "Grid" button, not "back", sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

My guess is that you missed my first point. If I create a new blank album and want to  search thru my 40k plus pics to add to the album, the search is grayed out. in the past, I believe this function was available. And yes I understand that I could search and highlight the photos and then create an album. I'm not sure why this function isn't an option.

Also, you were correct as I missed the full function of the "new" search function. Thank you .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us see how it goes:

- you create a new (empty) album. You validate and it appears in the list of albums in the left panel.

- You search or select manually a number of items. All search options are available. Your choice of items is highlighted.

- You have the choice to drag all the highlighted files to the album name in the left panel, or to drag the album name on any item among the selected ones.

Same result and nothing has changed in PSE2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess its what workflow you're used to.

thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ceslaus1234  wrote

If my client chooses photos for a collage and writes down the photo number, there is no way to drop them in a Collage album by searching for the photo after the fact.

It is possible in this situation to search for a file name using the keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+K. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg, That worked perfectly. Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines