• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions of compatibility between Photoshop CC and Photoshop Elements

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create designs and images for a group that recommends and uses Photoshop Elements. I am using the Creative Cloud Apps and need information on what files Elements can open and edit, whether Elements would keep layers in files from CC and some of the funtions of Elements ( ie can a user add a transparent overlay on a photo?) I would like to communicate with someone who has experience with both Photoshop platforms... Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements can handle pretty much every kind of photo file that Photoshop CC can.  Layers operate in exactly the same way in both programs.  There may be some types of files from other CC apps that Elements cannot handle so I think you need to be more specific with your question.

Probably the best thing for you to do is download the 30 day trial of Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main compatibility difference is for the psd format. Elements can't edit layered psd in 16 bits. It can open them, but you'll have to choose if your keep layers or 16 bits, not both. Not a big deal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save it as a TIF file. TIF files should be fine in PS Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save it as a TIF file. TIF files should be fine in PS Elements.

Tiff or psd, the issue is exactly the same. Nothing to do with the psd/tiff file format, the limitation is that Elements does not support 16 bits with layers even if it can read and convert them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines