• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"add blank page" is missing

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, I could edit a psd file in "edit" => "add blank page" . I don't see this option anymore. did it disappear?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

As I said in my earlier post, I think you are talking about a PSE project.  In earlier versions, I believe you were able to create multi-page PDFs, but as far as I know that capability no longer exists (except for Photo Book projects which can  be saved as such).  The oldest version of Elements I have on my computer is version 10.  Here are some screenshots of what I think you are talking about.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.22_12h33m24s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

I guess that's what I meant, but I thought remembering that I could do that with the new version...

Why would it be no longer possible? Don't understand that...

Now I used "microsoft print to PDF" but there is nearly no control of sequence of the pages.... 

By @1stella1

The problem with Adobe is that they rarely explain why they have changed some feature, be it on marketing, legal or technical grounds... They tend to apply the masochistic rule of the Royal Family: "Never complain, never expl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you mean you want to create a new blank Photoshop Elements document?

If that's the case, you need to go to File > New > Blank File... (or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+N).

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-05-22_042252.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . or perhaps you are thinking of multi-page projects.  Currently, you can create a multi-page Photo Book and the Add Page icon (similar to the one in Glenn's screenshot) is found at the top of the right-hand editor panel.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.22_11h14m13s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the above. I want to insert a new blank page, I have done this multiple times in the past. It was an option either under file or edit (I don't remember), and it inserted blank pages. Then I used to copy and paste the content of other open files into the pages and thus create a multiple page pdf file.

The only webpage I found was this, this is similar to what I remember.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/add-blank-pages-adobe-photoshop-elements-44991.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the above. I want to insert a new blank page, I have done this multiple times in the past. It was an option either under file or edit (I don't remember), and it inserted blank pages. Then I used to copy and paste the content of other open files into the pages and thus create a multiple page pdf file.

The only webpage I found was this, this is similar to what I remember.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/add-blank-pages-adobe-photoshop-elements-44991.html

By @1stella1

That was on very old Elements versions. Greg is right, apart from managing projects like photobooks, Elements has lost all ability to manage multipage pdfs. You need Adobe Acrobat or similar. With not too old versions of Elements, there is a workaround to create multipage pdfs, it's to use virtual printer softwares like Microsoft 'Print to pdf' to 'print' to a pdf file a selection of files in any image format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my earlier post, I think you are talking about a PSE project.  In earlier versions, I believe you were able to create multi-page PDFs, but as far as I know that capability no longer exists (except for Photo Book projects which can  be saved as such).  The oldest version of Elements I have on my computer is version 10.  Here are some screenshots of what I think you are talking about.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.22_12h33m24s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that's what I meant, but I thought remembering that I could do that with the new version...

Now I used "microsoft print to PDF" but there is nearly no control of sequence of the pages.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @1stella1

The problem with Adobe is that they rarely explain why they have changed some feature, be it on marketing, legal or technical grounds... They tend to apply the masochistic rule of the Royal Family: "Never complain, never explain". The net result in the present communication era is that immediately you get tons of outsider explanations, such as "it's because Adobe Creative and Adobe Document divisions don't play well together and users have to buy another subscription".

Whatever tiny part of truth in that idea, the fact is that Elements is not at all a tool mainly based on printing and publishing like Acrobat or Indesign, which are the tools to work on a print format like pdf. It's a creative tool based primarily on photography, then on painting and drawing. The tools set offers a strong organizer and complementary functions like face recognition and map features. The pdf format is not an image format, it's a print and display format. You can open (convert) and then work on pdfs with the normal creative tools of PSE, including projects and creations. For instance, I regularly have photobooks printed. I prefer not to use the tools to create page layouts or books, I create my own pages freely and save each page separately in an image format like jpg, psd or tiff. With albums in custom order I have no problems to sort pages as I want. I export them with a common starting name. This gives me the choice to upload my pages to any online book services as jpegs in the right order or to 'print' myself with Microsoft 'Print to pdf', which creates the desired multipage pdf.

For professional control over complex book layout, including text and vector manipulation, I would need a dedicated tool like InDesign. I have used the free Open source Scribus in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry that my earlier reply to your question wasn't on the right track, but I'd forgotten about that feature as it was removed nearly 9 years ago when Photoshop Elements 11 was released 🙂

As some of the other answers you've received here have confirmed, this feature was still present up to Photoshop Elements 10. If you still have a copy of your previous version(s) of Photoshop Elements along with the serial number you should be able to install the application on your Windows 10 system. You can normally install multiple versions of Photoshop Elements on the same computer without running into any issues.

If you only have the serial number (or no access to a DVD-ROM drive with your latest computer), you can download a free trial copy of Photoshop Elements 10 here:

Photoshop Elements 10 Direct Download Links (via ProDesignTools)

Hope that helps (and thanks for prodding my memory!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a version 9 on CD Rom. I will try it again. I tried it in the past,
and it was unmanageable because the resolution did not match and the
Interface was unreadable. I will try again opening the exe file as admin
and go to compatibility, maybe it works then. But I had it crashed multiple
times, too, under W10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not got Elements 9 installed, but Elements 10 is very usable on my Windows 10 system. I don't run it in Compatibility Mode, but I have changed the high DPI settings to override the high DPI scaling behavior with the Scaling performed by: set to System:

Screenshot 2021-05-23 202951.jpg

This setting might work for you as well for Elements 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just realized it's not version 9 I have but version 7 🤣 !
Thank you so much for your screen shots, it worked this way, I got it to install and with DPI high scaling overwriting by system and "for all users" it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines