• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Control G" not working in PSE 21

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Control G" shortcut to create a clipping mask in my Photoshop Elements 21 is not working. It is working in my Photoshop Elements 14. (I realize I can use "layers/create clipping mask" instead}. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has the same issue. Thx.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Adobe changed the Create Clipping Mask shortcut starting in pse 15, because pse 15 added

Layer Groups and the shortcut Cmd+G or Ctrl+G is used to Group Layers (create Layer Group or Layer Set)

The new Create Clipping Mask shortcut is Option+Cmd+G (mac) or Alt+Ctrl+G (windows)

ccm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that ctrl-g doesn't seem to do anything on PSE 2021 ("19"). However I'm not sure if this is a glitch or simply working by design (I skimmed the documentation section but couldn't find anything conclusive (no mention of control-g so far).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adobe help files leave a lot to be desired.

One is better off just using your search engine to find info on photoshop elements.

http://www.photokaboom.com/photography/learn/Photoshop_Elements/layers/clipping_masks/1_clipping_mas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe changed the Create Clipping Mask shortcut starting in pse 15, because pse 15 added

Layer Groups and the shortcut Cmd+G or Ctrl+G is used to Group Layers (create Layer Group or Layer Set)

The new Create Clipping Mask shortcut is Option+Cmd+G (mac) or Alt+Ctrl+G (windows)

ccm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much! This works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines