• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error Moving Media" from one folder to another

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am gettting the above error message when trying to drag a jpeg from the main orgainzer display to another on the same C drive. This does not occur on all photos, perhaps just 1 out of 20.

I have tried shutting down and restarting as well as opening the photo in the editor, making a minor change, and resaving. 

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally similar error messages mean that the file you are trying to move (from the move command or by drag and drop in the folders panel in folders view) are not allowed in the Explorer. The main reason may be that there is already a file with a similar file name in the destination folder, which is not allowed by Windows. In such a case, you could not move the file from the explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. You may indeed be correct as when I look in the detination folder, the file is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines