• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"No more virtual tiles can be allocated" Photoshop Elements 2020 - Windows

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Photoshop Elements 2020 I get from time to time a dialog with the error message "No more virtual tiles can be allocated.". This happens always immediately after a reboot. It also pops up about once a day, always when the software is not in use. The dialog is created by the "Elements Auto Creations 2020.exe" process. There is about 400 GB of free SSD space left, andf always more than 5 GB of free RAM.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the error with Photoshop Elements 2020, could you please try running Photoshop Elements as administrator by right clicking on Photoshop Elements icon?

This usually occurs because the scratch disk is too full or you don't have the correct permissions to write to the scratch disk: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/scratch-disks-plug-ins.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried it as admin, and it didn't help. Didn't expect it could help, as the error happens right after reboot without starting the program (and then repeats at least once a day, today for a change about 5 times, without starting the program once). Most probably "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 2020 Organizer\Elements Auto Creations 2020.exe", as the process ID of the error message dialog points to that executable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the exact same problem since installing 2020 on my Win 10 Pro computer. I have given Elements admin rights in the shortcut properties. However, I still get the daily error about virtual tiles from Elements Auto Creations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try Windows 10 Compatibility Mode.  From the Start menu, find Photoshop Elements program, Right click, choose Properties/Compatibility.  From there, run the Compatibility Troubleshooter. If the troubleshooter suggests a compatibility mode, accept it and try the program in compatibility mode. If it helps, exit the program and choose to accept the recommended compatibility mode.

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines