• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Photoshop Elements does not recognize this type of file" - version 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought my first iMac and PSE2020 to go with it having used PSE on PCs very happily since PSE3. When trying to open images (RAW & jpeg) from the Photos Library (containly thousands of photos) I get the error message "Could not complete the request because Photoshop Elements does not recognise this type of file".

It may be relevant that the Photos library disappeared a short while after download but was recovered.

Also I did manage to access a couple of RAW files before this problem occurred, but instead of opening as .CR2 files as in the past, they opened as fullsizeoutput_24e0.jpeg.  I am completely mystified.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

The problem appears to be with the Photos app on the iMac.  I have removed all photos from this app and re-loaded them elsewhere in Finder.  Bingo, problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

That shouldn't be happening, could you please have a look at this article and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/troubleshoot-camera-raw-photoshop-photoshop.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil

I’m afraid that I’ve followed it through twice by uninstalling and re-installing (followed immediately by a RAW update) and I have exactly the same result.

Regards

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem appears to be with the Photos app on the iMac.  I have removed all photos from this app and re-loaded them elsewhere in Finder.  Bingo, problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines