• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Request Code" for Offline Activation of Photoshop and Premeire Elements 2018

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased both Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 and Premiere Elements 2018.  I installed them on a machine that doesn't have, and can't have an internet connection, using each of the serial numbers that the software came with.  I am now attempting to Activate my new software so that it isn't de-activated after 7 days.

When I launch either program it attempts to connect online and Validate the serial number(s) I entered.  The ONLY options avaiable are:
---"VALIDATE" (needs to be online, so it fails when I click it).
---"CONNECT LATER", which just delays the prompt from appearing until I launch the program/software again
or
---a link to "CUSTOMER SUPPORT".  The Customer Support takes me to the following Offline Activation page:  Offline Activation

Offline Activation is exactly what I need, so I follow that link.  The problem is I'm asked to enter a "REQUEST CODE" and my "SERIAL NUMBER".  The serial number is no problem; however, I don't know how to make the software generate the "Request Code" that is being asked for.  I found this Offline Activation article: Activate Adobe Acrobat offline without Internet

which looks like it's exactly what I need to do (I know the link is to Acrobat, not Elements, but everything else in the process looks and I'm assuming would be the same proceedure for Offline Activation), BUT the problem I have is that the "Having trouble connecting to the internet?" link that should give me the "Request Code" I need does not show up on either Photoshop Elements 2018 or Premiere Elements 2018. 

How can I get the "Request Code" needed to obtain the "Response Code" that will allow me to activate both Photoshop Elements 2018 or Premiere Elements 2018  offline?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use another computer that can connect to the internet and use the chat option here :

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had a rep remote in to look, as I had the same problem.  The solution was to clear the entries that were in the host file pointing adobe license servers to 127.0.0.1

The "hosts" file can be located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Open with notepad and clear any entries relating to adobe that is pointing to 127.0.0.1

Hope this helps others out there.

Chris M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it dosent saving. told that access is denied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because you don’t have local admin rights on the system.  That’s the only reason why you shoul d not be able to edit the hosts file.

Chris M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

As suggested by Chris, could you pelase try editing your HOST file with Admin rights.

In order to do this, you can follow the following steps:

1. In windows search, type NOTEPAD
  2. Right Click and select the option 'Run as Administrator'
  3. Step 2 launches your editor in Administrator mode.
  4. Now Click on 'File->Open'
  5. Locate to the location of Host file, which is in windows: 'C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc'
  6. When the file gets loaded in your notepad, which was running with Admin Privliges - Delete all entries related to Adobe.com

But this might not help you with the resolution. The actual resolution is to get the link for 'Having trouble Connecting to the Internet'

Steps that can be tried:

Assumption: The trial days by now must have been exhausted and cannot be used anymore.

1) Launch Editor

2) The Licensing window might appear

3) Click on the 'License this software' button

4) Click on 'Enter Serial Key'

5) On the Next page, Click on 'Sign-in later' button

6) This should launch your product in offline mode - Just in case if Editor still does not gets launched, try the below steps

7) Launch the Editor again

8) After Step 8, you should see the Sign-in Screen again, with a link for 'Having trouble connecting to Internet'

9) Use the link to follow the steps for offline activation.

In case if you still face issues with the offline activation workflow, please let us know. We would be happy to help.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Last few days, We have insallation a Adobe Photoshop Cs6. But We are not activating the Photoshop.

Just we are using trial version for 7 days. If We want to offline activate the photoshop but it's required for request code. Can you tell us. How to Generate the Request code.

Regards

Sumit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try Adobe Custiomer Service, but I don't think they will be able to help for that issue.

Go to Adobe Customer Service:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=STAM_downloading-installing-setting-up_serial-numbers-rede...Chat and Agent Larger.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines