• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw 12.2 files for coolpix 950

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know when an update will be out to allow processing fof RAW 12.2 files?  I have a Nikon Coolpix P950 and current Elements 2020 with latest updates will not process my RAW files.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here knows when that will be.  But it is unlikely to be anytime soon.  In the meantime, your option is to use the free Adobe dng converter to process your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank, downloaded DNG but haven't figured out how to get from card to DNG converter then back into Elements 2020 so I can edit.  I also downloaded the RAW_12.1_zip file and could not get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WillMcNamee said:

Thank, downloaded DNG but haven't figured out how to get from card to DNG converter then back into Elements 2020 so I can edit. I also downloaded the RAW_12.1_zip file and could not get it to work.

Where are you getting stuck with the DNG converter? 

• In the first box, you will click on the Select Folder button and navigate to the folder on your memory card where the raw files exist.
  • For the second box, Select a folder to save the files from your memory card.  (If you have already saved them to your hard drive, you can save them in the same folder.  The files will be converted with a dng extension so your originalNikon raw files (.nef?) will remain.)
  • You can leave the other options as is and hit the Extract button:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.19_19h26m11s_003_.png

In the Organizer, select Import>From Files and Folders and navigate to the folder where the dng files have been saved.   The files should be imported into your catalog.  If you want to bypass the Organizer, then simply go to the Editor and use the File>Open in Camear Raw command and navigate to the files.  You should then be able to edit them.

You will probably be unable to see thumbnails of your images unless you use the Organizer.  However, on Windows, it is possible to install a free utility that will give you a thumbnail within an Explorer window.  Check out SageThumbs

WillMcNamee said

I also downloaded the RAW_12.1_zip file and could not get it to work.

That file is only for Photoshop CC.  It will not work on Elements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, got DNG figured out to be able to convert and edit now.  Will use this till Elements updates to work with new RAW files.  Truly appreciate your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines