• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw file Support

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Elements 2019 (Core version 17.0) and am considering a Canon R or RP.  Reviews on the camera say that Adobe cannot process a CR3 file, and I have no idea how to determine whether or not Adobe has yet fixed this problem.  I use Win 10 64 bit and Elements 2019.  Will it work with CR3 files or no?

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

In your PSE menu: Help>About Plug-In>Camera Raw ...

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your PSE menu: Help>About Plug-In>Camera Raw ...

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I didn't realize that the Help option was in Editor, not Organizer.  It appears that since I have 11.4 I'm good.  Not sure why the "Update" option in both Organizer and Editor are greyed out so I can't update to 12.0, but ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure, Big-Al.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>Not sure why the "Update" option in both Organizer and Editor are greyed out so I can't update to 12.0

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

Adobe used to make it crystal clear which version of Photoshop Elements is compatible with which version of Camera Raw at the above link.

For the latest two versions (2019 and 2020) I'm finding it extremely difficult to follow the version compatibilities based on the above link.

Best I can tell is that:

PSE 2019 is compatible up to and including Camera Raw 11.4. But not Camera Raw 12+

PSE 2020 is compatible up to and including Camera Raw 12+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John_Waller said:

For the latest two versions (2019 and 2020) I'm finding it extremely difficult to follow the version compatibilities based on the above link.

Best I can tell is that:

PSE 2019 is compatible up to and including Camera Raw 11.4. But not Camera Raw 12+

PSE 2020 is compatible up to and including Camera Raw 12+

John, I totally agree with you about the misleading information in the link you have provided.  Unfortunately, it has led you to the wrong conclusion.

PSE 2019 has been updated to Camera Raw 11.4.  Somewhat surprisingly, PSE 2020 is still on Camera Raw 11.3.  It is my understanding that a bug was found in 11.4 before it rolled out to PSE 2020, and I assume that it will be fixed before it is released.  Also, since ACR 12 is now out in CC, perhaps 2020 will update to that version too.  The whole update cycle with ACR in Elements has been a big confusing mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines