Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW files from 1DX MK111 CR3

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all.

I have just downloaded Photoshop Elements 2020 trial version as I wanted to make sure it could read files and edit pictures from the above camera.

I'm sure it's a glitch, but it will not open the files and says it's the wrong type of file?

Help appreciated.

Thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your raw files require camera raw 12.2 but PSE has only been updated to ACR 12.0

You could download the free DNG converter and batch convert a folder of CR3 files to use in Photoshop Elements.

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac OS | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not yet supported as was to be expected. It always takes some time after the release of a new camera for Adobe to provide a converter. And it's even slower for the Elements Camera Raw module.

Your camera has just been supported in the beginning of this month for the full Photoshop (ACR version 12.2).

PSE 2020 only offers ACR version 12.0, and nobody can tell when it will be updated to 12.2.

So your choice is:

- to use the conversion software provided by Canon for your camera and to convert to tiff format.

- to download the free Adobe DNGconverter (12.2) which can batch convert a whole folder of your raw files to the DNG raw format that PSE2020 can read and edit. An additional batch step, but free and with the same quality.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your files are supported in Lightroom. Either Lightroom 3.2.1 (cloud version) or Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 (desktop version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines