• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw Files Not Recognised in Elements 14

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently purchased a Canon 77D SLR Camera and when I came upload the photos from the SD card to my PC (using Windows 10) the RAW files are not recognised by my Elements 14 program

Trawling through the internet to try and source a solution. I first tried to update my elements but this made no difference.

Then there was a suggestion to uninstall and then reinstall the Elements program, which again has failed to resolve the problem.

Finally I followed the advice of downloading the DNG Converter and using that to covert my RAW files so they could be opened by elements. However this has also proved unsuccessful, as when I click on the folder and then click the convert folder it says "The source folder does not contain any supported raw files"

I don't do a great deal of post processing of images as I don't tend to have the time. I like Elements for its simplicity and the fact that it requires a one off payment not a subscription like photoshop CC. I see there is a newer version of Elements available but I am reluctant to spend £80 and find I still can't access my RAW files?

I have the Canon DPP editing software on my PC and this, obviously, has no problems recognising the files, however I am unfamiliar with this program and would prefer to continue editing then with Elements that I find more user friendly.

After spending over £500 on my first new camera, I am now feeling disheartened that I can only take photos in Jpeg format if I wish to edit them.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly apprciated

Many Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue! I have both elements 12, and elements 15.  I have used a 7d for years, and just bought a 6ti as a back up.

That camera will not load the raw files no matter what I do!  I updated the raw files in elements 12, and it still doesn't work.  Elements 15 will open the download screen, get to 3% and freeze, then say it couldn't download.

VERY frustrated as I need to use the raw files, to get a clients images to them, and I can't even access them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Canon T6i requires Camera Raw 9.0 or later - PSE 12 only supports up to 8.5 but PSE 15 should be OK

Are you trying to download direct from the camera or via a card reader?

Does Canon's DPP download them ok?

Can you try using file explorer to copy an image to your hard drive and see if PSE 15 can load that

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded both directly from the camera, and from files on my computer.  Both only populate the Jpeg files.

I can't get 15 to update the RAW files though. It starts to download the update, and every time gets to 3% and then stops.

I have even uninstalled and re-installed elements 15.  Nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicole

At least let's not just me then  

So from what you've experienced even if I buy Elements 15 it may not recognise the RAW files?

Have you tried using the DNG converter? I can't understand why that refuse to work either?

I have emailed canon canon to see if then can shed any light on the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has worked.

I refuse to upgrade to elements 2018, since 15 should be working just fine.  So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Nothing has worked?

Not even DPP?

If you have the RAW image on your hard drive, have you tried just opening them with the editor?

I wasn't suggesting that YOU  try PSE 2018 - that was to Antony

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian has suggested on here that I download the trial version of Elememts 2018? I will try that then at least I won't have wasted money on a program that doesn't work...

I'll let you know how I get on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Canon 77D requires Camera Raw 9.10 or later - PSE 14 only supports up to version 9.5

Did you download the latest DNG converter?

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 10.3

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

Does the latest version of Elememts support camera raw 9.10 do your knows?

As as I said in my original post I downloaded the latest version of the DNG Converter but it doesn't seem to be able to recognise the raw files...very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

PSE 2018 currently is at version 10.5 so it should read it.

Best to download the trial version and try it

Download Photoshop Elements | 2018, 15, and 14

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F that.  I shouldn't have to download a new version.  The one I bought SIX months ago should work.  So either that happens, or I will ask for a refund.  There has to be a way to fix what I already paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brian, I will try and see how I get on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading the trial version of Elements 2018, it does now recognise the RAW files from my Canon 77D

Slightly annoying I have to spend another £80 on it after spending so much on my camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm afraid that the camera manufacturers must take some of the blame - they keep tweaking there raw format. Adobe has to set up a new profile each time. They do provide the DNG converter which should work but does add an extra step to the workflow.

You could look on the positive side in that you didn't spend £80 on upgrading to PSE 15

Suggest you have a look on Amazon - seems like only £52 there

If you want to try the DNG converter more, I'm willing to see if I can help.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

I'got a free month on trial at the moment so will look at Amazon when that's up thanks

I'm not quite sure why the converter doesn't work, it doesn't seem to recognise any files taken with my new camera but does convert raw files from my old one?

Any help on on this issue would be appreciated

Cheers  Antony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antony,

Can you just check the version that you have installed. When you load the DNG converter, there is a button bottom left About DNG Converter - check that it is picking up 10.3

In earlier versions, some people tried setting the source to a file rather than a folder and that never worked. Adobe have closed that loophole now and you know how to run the converter anyway.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is whether it is a misleading error message and it is actual failing to write to the target folder. Try using a different folder for the output.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

I've just checked and it says version 8.1.0.43?

Is this an out of date one as I only downloaded it last week so I assumed it would be the most current one?

Cheers Antony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antony,

The latest version is 10.3 - not sure where you got your copy from - try this

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 10.3

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 and have had no problems opening RAW files. Now suddenly it says it doesn't support my RAW files. I have Windows 10 x64 and a Canon Rebel t2i and haven't had this problem before and it is frustrating and annoying,. I don't want to use the DNG converter and I don't want to update to a newer version and I also don't want to use a different program. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Elements 14 and many RAW Nikon images I wanted to convert to jpg in batch and scoured the internet for hours looking for a solution.  Everyone described how it's done with Photoshop, but not Elements.  Finally I opened the RAW images in Camera Raw in Elements 14 and then clicked on "Save" and the "Save Options" dialogue box opened with a number of selections and I chose just a few to identify where I wanted my jpgs to go and clicked  "Save".  Voila, it took a few minutes to run through 249 RAW images but they all saved as jpg and I was in business.

If you already knew this, sorry to take up your time.  I had to write since I spent so much time looking for an Elements 14 solution to converting RAW to jpg I took the chance someone else might be struggling with this like I did.

Happy Shooting !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines