• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw Updates

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought a new computer with windows 10 and have installed my elements 11. I tried to load a raw image to be told it was not supported. I then updated the suite and did a restart. tried reopening raw and the same error message comes up, but now when i try to update, it tells me im all up to date. can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Your Nikon requires ACR version 8.3, so the NEF files won't work with Elements 11.  You can always use the free Adobe DNG Converter to convert your raw images to DNG format and edit them in Elements 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 11 is only able to install up to ACR version 7.4.  It is highly likely that your new camera needs a more recent version of ACR.  Elements 2019 is currently using ACR version 11.x.

Here is a list of cameras and the ACR version that supports them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have a Nikon D5300 which worked fine with the software on my old pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Nikon requires ACR version 8.3, so the NEF files won't work with Elements 11.  You can always use the free Adobe DNG Converter to convert your raw images to DNG format and edit them in Elements 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the help.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines