Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recently Edited Files ... stopped working

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

Everything was working okay until a few days into the trial software of PE15 when I could not open the application. So I deleted every trace and re-installed the trial and everything as far as I can tell is working well except the recently edited file list. I've checked online and on this forum for answers but only seen the common reply that you can either delete the physical files from disk or alter the list by putting 0 or whatever in the box in preferences. None of these solutions work for me becase although the list is now greyed out if 0 or whatever, no new files are added.

So if I am working on a file and save it, the next time I look or close and open PE15 again, that file is not in my recently edited files list. I am wondering if this may be something that someone knows about or whether it is something related to when the trial stopped working. Either way I like that feature a lot so I would hate to keep using PE15 without it. Thanks for any insights into this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem...

Actually, when the list of recently edited files reaches 100 (which is maximum), it stops updating.  I'm still waiting (3 weeks) for that problem to solve...

I am using Photoshop Elements (2,8,10,12 and now version 15) nearly 10 years now, but Elements 15 obviously has bugs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've logged in to see if there's anything added to this topic but alas no. I have PS7 installed on the same computer and recent files works fine. Unless elements 15 is conflicting with that I don't know. I used the Trial version until it expired then got it going again with a purchased copy. Maybe I should have un-installed the lot and done a fresh install from disk. I will try that when I get some time and post back here the results. It seems like this is a common problem which perhaps should be addressed with an update but there you are.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

You can add me to this list. My Recently Edited Files list does not update on my PSE15. I'm running Win 7 Pro. I haven't seen any other bugs so far, but this is annoying. I would use the Recently Edited Files feature a lot, if it worked.

How about it, Adobe? <Crickets? >

Regards, Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been discussed before and a solution* has been presented. Just look into this discussion:

My recent opened files don't update in PSE 15. There doesn't seem to be any customer service so mayb...

Hope it helps

Andreas

*) I'd rather call it an intermediate solution until Adobe hopefully will take care of this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an addendum: also the file "Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 Prefs.psp" should be resetted. Otherwise the displayed images will look strangely "unsharp" when not displayed in 100% crop mode (like in FastStone without checking the "smoothing box").

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what Andreas said, for those on a MAC (10.12.5), the file that should deleted (or renamed) is /Users/user name/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 Settings/MachinePrefs.psp. After deleting that file and relaunching PSE 15 I now have a list that is updating properly. It sounds like I will have to do this again after I have edited another 100 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hit the 100 file mark again and will have to delete the MachinePrefs.psp file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines