• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recompose Tool only squishing not removing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get the recompose tool to remove a space in a photo.

I've tried reading all the tutorials but no luck.

Here's a video of my problem.

Help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can do this by using Recompose guided edit in special edit section easily:

See this help article,Recomposing in Photoshop Elements  , for instructions on how to do this.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same issue. I STARTED in guided mode and got exactly the same result. Absolutely nothing happened. I thought perhaps I was trying to edit a RAW photo, so I switched to a PSD version of the photo and nothing changed. I am trying to delete a space in a picture that is distracting and no matter how or what I highlight, there is no difference in the results. What are some recommended alternatives to using either the Recompose tool or using the Guided Edit? Neither works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my post to the question you responded to. The solution you suggested did not work any better than what the original poster was experiencing using the recompose tool.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ~ I am having the EXACT same problem with PSE15. Was this ever resolved for you? It's incredibly frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, had same problem, any file I tried to use over 8Mb won't work - just compresses the whole image. If I just reduced the file size to less than 8Mb before attempting to use the protection and remove functions then it seemed to work OK. Long time since I was in the IT business but this might just be a storage allocation size in the software but like I say it's been a long time, Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines