• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reconnecting photos to catalog en mass

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my photos were moved from a hard drive to a solid state drive on the same computer. Now in Organizer my catalog is still there but all of the photo files are disconncted.  

How can I point the catalog to the new file location to reconnect the photos en masse?

The files are in the same folder structure on the new drive. I do not have a backup of the catalog before the files were moved. I am using Photoshop/Premier 2020 Bundle. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear: what was 'moved' to the SSD?  I presume your main system drive has been cloned from the original conventional HDD which is still on your computer and your photo files have been moved also.

Or only the photo files have been moved from the original HDD to the SSD, the OS and programs staying in the conventional HDD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only the photos were moved.

The computer has three internal drives: C, D & E.   Operating system is on C.  Photos were storted on D and then moved intact to the solid state E drive.  All photos were organized in a hierarchy of folders under a single directory called "Photos." This directory along with all of its subdirectories were copied (actually "moved") to the E drive intact (without any changes).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines