• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovery of old Elements images

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CD with photos stored from some years ago. I am using Apple Photos on a Mac Mini and receive the message : "Photoshop 3.0 is required to open this file". I did for a short while use Photoshop Elements, but never Photoshop. Can you advise me how to recover these photos?
TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would first look at the files. i guess they are not .jpg files but .psd files. So when you know what type of files they are from the extention, you could search for a piece of software that can handle those files and perhaps convert them to .jpg so you can import them into apple photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The specific reason for the message is the .psd file(s) have layers and were not saved with

a "Composite" (flattened) version of the document along with the layers. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/file-formats.html

com.png

Anyhow, a new version of photoshop elements 2020 is your best bet for opening the files correctly followed by Gimp (free) or Affinity Photo (not free).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines