• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recurring installation routine after successful PS Elements download

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Photoshop Elements - necessitated by shift to 64 bit & obsolescence of my old Photoshop software (which served me well enough) - downloaded & installed on iMac Catalina. The icon is in the dock but every time I click on to open, Elements runs through the installation procedure again. The programme runs OK, but I'd like to know how to get the programme to recognise that it is installed, full stop, so I don't need to go through this routine again & again.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop Elements forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove Elements from the Dock, and add it again. Be sure you add the app in the Applications folder. You may have added the installer to the Dock instead of the actual app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. Your diagnosis & advice seem logical, but unfortunately I seem to be stuck in the same loop. I've removed from Elements from dock but the app doesn't load into my Applications forlder (Catalina) when I run through the Installer routine. I get the screen "What would you like to do today' (which seems a very odd questions as I'm trying to install the app. I can open the programme by selecting the 'edit photo' option but no option to load to my Applications folder. I am missing a trick here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, where did you buy this from, and how did it come (DVD, download...?) I think there are different ways to install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased from in-download.com & received the key via email. I appreciate your sticking with my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue seems to have resolved - I'm not entirely sure which of the many loops I took led to resolution. Having used Photoshop for many years, the move to 64 bit & the need to move to Elements proved to be a culture shock. Thanks for the support & help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines