• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

refine effect stopped working

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

refine effect quit working in B&W color pop, low key, etc. even if i move opacity all the way to 0. will not add. will not subtract. i'm using elements 2019. this is the first time this issue has arose. i've tried multiple photos using RAW and JPEG. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @heyitsscott 

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS Elements.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Greg. i should have mentioned i was working on windows 10 pro. i tried reset preferences and relaunched without any luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay, i guess i need to hit the reset button on my brain. why i was thinking a lower opacity was going to resolve the issue, i don't know. i actually needed to go higher. color me stupid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines