• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalling Photoshop Elements 6.0

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I got a computer upgrade at work yesterday and since then I have not been able to get Photoshop Elements 6.0 back on. It was originally installed remotely onto my machine. I have searched the server but cannot find the installer file. When I created my account yesterday I uploaded the product key for the application and as far as the Abobe website says is now I own the product but I cannot see the installer file anywhere. Why would this be? Does it still exist and is it hidden?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Unfortunately, as far as I know, PSE6 has never been available by download, only from CDs. And the license number was linked to the physical CD. The only way I know to reinstall would be to have a backup copy of the CD (I still have one) together with the license number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 6 is quite old software and may not be fully compatible with modern operating systems. Adobe now only provides direct download links for the current and previous version, so you will need to contact a support agent. Go to the link below and check for downloads in your Adobe Account otherwise click contact us to start an on-line chat. Have your serial number and details of original purchase available. Make it clear you are not looking for support for an older product but need download/activation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, as far as I know, PSE6 has never been available by download, only from CDs. And the license number was linked to the physical CD. The only way I know to reinstall would be to have a backup copy of the CD (I still have one) together with the license number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That’s a good point Michel. I think PSE6 was also possibly affected by the activation server closures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines