• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reload PSE 2020 over problematic PSE 2020?

Participant ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.  Not sure what happened, but PSE 2020 was working just fine until I started getting an error message stating that RAW Presharpener couldn't complete the command because of a disc error.  However, Output Sharpner does work.  So, here's my question: I have my registered PSE 2020 disc and want to know if I can simply reload the disc over the present PSE, or should I delete and then re-install.  I guess the only reason I'm hesitent to delelte is because I have free NIK collection on it and don't want to loose NIK.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before reinstalling, try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.  If you are still having problems, you will probably have to uninstall/reinstall.  If you try to install over a current installation, I suspect you will get an error message.  Don't worry about NIK.  You got it working before.  There's no reason why you can't do it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Reset.  Didn't work.  Will uninstall/reinstall tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fully uninstalled PSE2020.  However, there was no response when I loaded the disc into the computer.  There were no signs that the program was loading.  Even though this is a registered disc, could it be that one con only load the program one time?  Or, could it be that for some reason something is wrong with the coputer's disc loading?

EDIT: Disregard.  got it to load.

EDIT: Everything is back to normal.  The plugins reloaded automatically and NIK's RAW Presharpening is now working.

EDIT: Only minor probem is that Elements +, although call be called from File>Automated, it can not be called from Effects.  Any help here? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines