• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reloading PSE 11 & asked for disk 2?

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a major PC crash and must reload everything.  I'm using PSE 11.  I don't need Premier.

I have 2 disks one for  Windows & 1 for IOS.  I put in the disk and my Key #, tell it I want Elements and after a while it is asking for Disk 2 to be inserted.  Whats going on & how do I fiz it?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the links that you provided me,thank you. In fact I looked at dozens of pages and its extremely confusing.

I logged in but don't see my product as being registered but I'm starting to wonder if I'm looking in the correct location. Even though I'm in Australia where I purchased the software,  I sometime am asked if what country I'm in?  Is the procedure to getting the product installed different depending on where you live.

Even some of the links that I looked at wanted you to downlosd 2 files which seems strange.  I have my original box with 2 disks one for Windows & the other for IOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried clicking on Plan,whatever that is, but of course nothing is listed the because I never downloaded the product in the first place.  I have my original box with the 2 disks and the serial number.

I even tried clicking on another link on one of the many pages that I looked at & got the cutsy screen which says we are in 'Uncherted Waters.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never got the log in where I was asked for a disk 2.

I did manage to get PSE 11 installed without a second disk. I did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 64bit and it installed without a problem. 

I always knew that a second disk was unnecessary .

I don't know why I was ever asked about a second disk when one isn't needed.but then again I find many strange procedural issues with the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I have the program installed and am in as you can see I still got a request to register. 

Why I should do this I don't know but after filling in my email account I got told that I could not do this at this time.  Whay the  heck is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I said that I had the program installed & working I have run into a new problem that is even stranger. 

I clicked on a photo which was in a  folder on my PC & it told me that PSE 11 was not allowed to open this folder.  Windows 10 PRO 64 bit would not allow me to open any of the files in the folder or display any of the thumbnails as I didn't have permission to access the contemts.

I went to many suggested locations and turned on Total Control as the Admistrator but still could not open anything.  I wondered if a friends PC could open  them so I transferred the entire folder to a USB stick with the intention of trying an another machine.

But before doing this I decided to try opening then again and they did,all of them.  I  did a copy & past to desktop of one photo & found that I could open it in Windows and PSE so I transfered the entire folder back & everything ap[pears to be back to normal.  I still haven't a clue as to whats been happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since looked at the INFO data from PSE 11 & see that it says it's for Windows 8 not 10.  I have used 10 for many years.  Is there a 10 version instead that I can down load & is it 32 or 64 bit?PSE 11 Info.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The system information panel shows the Operating system version which was current when PSE11 was coded. That does not mean that newer versions won't work. As a matter of fact, I still have a number of old version working on my Win 10 computer: PSE 6, 10, 12, 14, 15; 2018, 2019, 2020...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines