• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove a glare from a portion of a photo

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ancient site, and when I took the photo, I had one chance.  Most of it is good, but on several of the columns there is a bright glare.  Is there any way of removing or reducing the glare on the marble

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfotunately, the "glare" is totally blown out, meaning that there is no image information to recover.  Probably, the only thing you can do is to use the Clone tool to try to copy portions of the columns that are visible and place them in the white areas of the photo.  You can also copy one of the better defined lamps over the one that is too bright. I just made a quick effort here for the columns on the left:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.02.28_01h25m24s_000_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried using the burn tool but it didn’t really work. The best way is to make selections, create new layers and use an adjustment layer like levels, brightness and contrast. It’s not perfect but reduces some of the glare.

To enlarge image, click once, then right-click and choose open image in new tab. Go to the tab to view at full resolution.

Middle East_0110e.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines