Highlighted

Removed deleted files from Catalog in Photoshop Ele

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted some files from my hard drive.  How can I remove them from the Photoshop Elements catalog?  It insists on trying to find them and refuses to let me import a replacement because it says the file is already there!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Removed deleted files from Catalog in Photoshop Ele

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted some files from my hard drive.  How can I remove them from the Photoshop Elements catalog?  It insists on trying to find them and refuses to let me import a replacement because it says the file is already there!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the files in the Organizer and press the delete button.  In future, all file management (move and delete) should be performed in the Organizer.  Otherwise the program will not know what happened to your files and will go through the missing files process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 0
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a search for missing files.

The resulting list is displayed in a new dialog. On top of this list, you have an icon (3 horizontal bars) which opens a drop-down menu. The options are 'select all' and' delete all'.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to delete the entire folder, since all its files are displayed with a "?".  The icon next to the folder name is faint.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
Greg_S. LATEST
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you delete all the files from the folder in the catalog, the folder should not appear in the folder list.  Is that what you are trying to accomplish?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0