Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing Backgrounds

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have the latest elements 2018 and I need to just make what I thought would be an easy adjustment. I need to remove a background of a picture and replace it with a solid white one. My picture is of a white A4 page worksheet for a project on a table. I need to remove the table and layer the image of my work onto a white background which I can then layer onto my powerpoint presentation slide. I have looked on youtube, found plenty for older versions, one or two for 2018, but they must be using different programmes, and basically none help. I have used the magic wand, it leaves a rough edge, i found a layer video where you select the white background color etc, but I cannot drag and drop the layer to the top to go behind the original image. Can someone please help and just walk me through a step by step instruction on what to do. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018
  1. Open your picture file
  2. Duplicate the background layer, and shut off the visibility of the background layer by clicking on its eye icon. Work on the background copy layer.
  3. Use one of the selection tools (e.g.lasso tool, selection brush) to select the object(s) which you wish to retain for your presentation. You should see an outline ("marching ants") once the selection is complete.
  4. Place the selection on its own layer (CTRL+J).
  5. Open a blank layer below the layer created in step #4 and fill it with w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open your picture file
  2. Duplicate the background layer, and shut off the visibility of the background layer by clicking on its eye icon. Work on the background copy layer.
  3. Use one of the selection tools (e.g.lasso tool, selection brush) to select the object(s) which you wish to retain for your presentation. You should see an outline ("marching ants") once the selection is complete.
  4. Place the selection on its own layer (CTRL+J).
  5. Open a blank layer below the layer created in step #4 and fill it with white.
  6. Activate the move tool, and position the selection, if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this video that shows you how to refine your selection (that you could make using the magic want tool or several other tools). Once you have the selection, you can either delete the background or add a layer mask to remove the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is now a faster way to remove a background. This is the quickest and easiest way in 2019!!

BRAND NEW!!

How to remove background EASY!! - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent step-by-step instructions for removing the background of an image. Anyone who doesn't even know ABC of background removal can remove background easily from this facile reply.

Take a look at the article below which sheds light on the background removal of an e-commerce product with MS word instead of Adobe Photoshop.

https://www.colorexpertsbd.com/blog/how-to-remove-background-from-ecommerce-product-photo-using-micr... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines