• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing PS Elements files not needed

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10. Looking through installed files I can see 100s maybe 1000s that I will never need. For example Adobe Raw Camera and Lens profiles. I can see at the top of the list Apple iPhone profiles which I will not use.  Can I manually delete these, or do they need to be deleted through the Adobe program somehow?  

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s best not to mess with the system files. Often deleting them simply means they get automatically re-created on next launch.

Many don’t realise that the camera raw plugin can be used for editing jpegs. If you choose from the File menu, “Open in camera Raw” you get to use those cool sliders before clicking the button “Open Image” to send the photo into the regular Editor workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry guys, not satisfied with that suggestion.  Thanks for your input though.

Something I forgot to mention I have a perpetual licence not a Cloud licence.  So by rights nothing should be reinstalled.

I have just deleted all iPhone camera raw files and will see what happens. I will leave them in Recycle bin for a month or so just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't touch a thing. Really. People often try to tidy up and the results are never good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines