• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace Color

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS Elements 13, have a bowl of flowers, want to change the yellow flowers to red.  Having difficulty. Online instructions don't help.  Please assist.

Duplicate image, use background image unlocked, enhance, replace color, use picker to identify yellow, but can't change it to red.  Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, make sure that your duplicate layer is selected before opening the replace color tool. Then:

1. Use the eyedropper tools to select the color you want to change (yellow). 
  2. Use the fuzziness slider to adjust the selection.
  3. Use the Hue, Saturation and Lightness sliders to change the color; OR
  4. Use the Color Picker box and
  5. Find the right color.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.05.28_15h27m19s_000_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, your answer did not solve my problem.  I had done everything precisely as you described, but all I could do was use hue (and I got orange roses), picker did not work to change the yellow rose color at all, to any color.  I need red or pink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try another method using the quick selection tool. Make a precise selection and use the gradient map. I have a YouTube video which may be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mary,

If you are so inclined, please post the picture of the bowl of flowers. I should like to have a go at it. 

Use the "Insert Photos" icon at the top of the reply box here on the forum. You can not do it via an e-mail reply, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mary said:

Greg, your answer did not solve my problem. I had done everything precisely as you described, but all I could do was use hue (and I got orange roses), picker did not work to change the yellow rose color at all, to any color. I need red or pink.

Grasping at straws here, but try resetting the preferences file.  Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines