• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REPLACE SKY

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to replace the sky in a photo of mine with a sky from another photo of mine.

I have both photos in the Photo Bin.  I am using the Guided mode.  I have tried using the stock skies and they work fine.  But I need to use my own photo and I have encountered a problem

Step 4 of the Guided mode special edit instrctions says:

Do one of the following to choose a background:

• Click Import a photo to add your photo as background.
  • Click Preset to add one of the background preset as the background.
  • Click None to remove the background.
  • Click Color to add a color as the background.

I can't find any of these- Import, Preset, etc,  Where are these tools?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Advocate , Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

You're referring to the steps listed in the Photoshop Elements User Guide for the Replace Background guided edit.

Replace Background guided edit

This is not the same as the Perfect Landscape guided edit, which is explained in the video above the Replace Background guided edit instructions.

Perfect Landscape guided edit

The Perfect Landscape guided edit is limited to the 12 preset skies that are included with Photoshop Elements. If you want to use your own background sky, you'll have to use the R

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Actually, Phil, you can use your own sky photo to replace the sky in the Perfect Landscape Guided Edit.  Here's how:

After using a preset sky in the Guided Edit, click the Next button and choose to Continue Editing in Expert mode.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.03.06_17h18m40s_000_SnapCollage.png

In the layers panel, do the following:

1. Hide or delete the top layer.  (This is a flattened layer showing the end result for the sky used in the Guided Edit.)
  2. Click on the chevron to expose all of the layers that have been grouped.
  3. Click on the chain icon to u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Thanks Greg! Great explanation of how to use guided edits as the springboard for further editing in Expert mode 🙂

And the step 4 that @TXbirder is referring to is not from the on-screen instructions in the Replace Background guided edit, but from the Photoshop Elements User Guide's description of that guided edit:

step 4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021
It iworked. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Elements are you using and which Guided Edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2021 and Guided edits/Perfect Landscapes-replace the sky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're referring to the steps listed in the Photoshop Elements User Guide for the Replace Background guided edit.

Replace Background guided edit

This is not the same as the Perfect Landscape guided edit, which is explained in the video above the Replace Background guided edit instructions.

Perfect Landscape guided edit

The Perfect Landscape guided edit is limited to the 12 preset skies that are included with Photoshop Elements. If you want to use your own background sky, you'll have to use the Replace Background guided edit instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It iworked. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Phil, you can use your own sky photo to replace the sky in the Perfect Landscape Guided Edit.  Here's how:

After using a preset sky in the Guided Edit, click the Next button and choose to Continue Editing in Expert mode.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.03.06_17h18m40s_000_SnapCollage.png

In the layers panel, do the following:

1. Hide or delete the top layer.  (This is a flattened layer showing the end result for the sky used in the Guided Edit.)
  2. Click on the chevron to expose all of the layers that have been grouped.
  3. Click on the chain icon to unlink the Sky Preset Group mask.
  4. Click on the chain icon to unlink the Brightness adjustment layer.
  5. Drag your sky photo from the photo bin into the layered photo and place the sky layer above the existing replacement sky layer (which is labeled as SkyForeground).

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.03.06_17h11m02s_000_SnapCollage.png

If you follow these instructions, you can then move or resize your own photo sky to customize the location and size of the clouds etc. in the sky.

It may not be necessary to unlink the layers, but it helps avoid some novice mistakes.

And @TXbirder, I still don't know what you are refering to as Step 4 in the Guided Edit.  That doesn't fit the Replace Background or the Perfect Landscape Guided Edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg! Great explanation of how to use guided edits as the springboard for further editing in Expert mode 🙂

And the step 4 that @TXbirder is referring to is not from the on-screen instructions in the Replace Background guided edit, but from the Photoshop Elements User Guide's description of that guided edit:

step 4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines