I have an image opened in Photoshop Elements 2020. I am attaching a photo of the image size.
I need to print the image in portrait and image size 4 x 6. I don't have any 4 x 6 print paper, it will print on regular 8 x 11 matte paper.
I have tried changing the image settings to 4 x 6 and to portrait but the result is only part of the image.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoINWpJYOS0agfBSh0tJI9R0WqZECg?e=mvi1uD
Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop Elements forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.
I'm not exactly sure what your problem is. You have an original image that is 1006x716 pixels. You want to print an image that is 4x6 inches. But you don't have any 4x6 paper, so you want to use 8x11 paper. Do I have that right?
Your original image does not have a 4x6 aspect ratio. So the only way you can print the full image without cropping or distorting it, is to reduce its size so that it will end up with some (uneven) white borders. In other words, you cannot fit a round peg into a square hole.
Try the following:
If this is not what you want, please post the image you want to print and we can tell you how to resize it to print at 4x6. But this will require either some distortion, some cropping or some borders at the sides.
You can print the 4x6" picture on 8.5x11" canvas without cropping or distortion. Try this:
1. Open the picture file. Go to Image>resize>image size. Read what the resolution is in pixels/in. Do nothing else here & close the dialog
2. Go to File>new>blank file. Enter H=11.0", w=8.5", resolution the same value that you determined in step #1, Background - - any color to suit. This will be your canvas.
3. Open the picture file, go to Select>all, then Edit>copy
4. Go back to the canvas, then Edit>paste. The picture will come in on a separate layer
5. Activate the Move tool, and position the picture on the canvas.
Hello! I am trying to resize pixels on some photos my son sent via text. I need to enlarge pixel to at least 4mg for Shutterstock criteria ....any way to do that without distorting photos? thanks!
This is an issue only remotely tangential to the discussion of this thread, and you may elect to start a new thread.
Be that as it may, in Editor, go to Image>resize>image size and resize with resampling.