• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing a photo

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Photoshop Elements to resize a photo to 4x6 inches. The print preview in both Elements and my Canon printer's Print Preview shows the photo filling the entire 4x6 photo paper (I selected "Borderless Printing.). But when I print out the photo, there is an unwanted border at the top of the photo. I've made two attempts at changing settings, but the only result is a minor change in the size of the unwanted border at the top. Any help will be sincerely appreciated! (See attached photos.)

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your printer support borderless 6x4 prints?  What version of Elements are you using?  Has it ever printed borderless prints on the same printer?  Give us a screenshot of your settings dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  and rather than attaching the screenshot, please insert it inside the post, using the following icon in the text editor:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.12_12h26m07s_003_.png

It's easier for us to view.  Othewise we have to download it or view it in another application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You state:

"I used Photoshop Elements to resize a photo to 4x6 inches."

How did you go about this? Did you utilize the Crop tool? Or, did you utilize the Rectangular marquee tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Thank you for replying to my question!
Here are the steps I took:
1) I clicked on FILE2) I clicked on OPEN and uploaded the photo.3) I clicked on IMAGE/RESIZE4) I clicked on IMAGE SIZE55) I then made entries as per this Photoshop screen shot:

I saved the new image, which displayed fine when I chose PRINT; it looked borderless in Photoshop and in my Canon printer's Print Preview, but not when I actually printed the photos.
I've obviously screwed up somehow.
Best wishes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Roger,

Just a thought... Is it possible that you've loaded the photo paper off-center in your printer?

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this as an experiment:

1. Open the file

2. Go to Image>Resize>Inage size and read what the resolution is in px/in. Do nothing else here for now.

3. Activate the crop tool and enter dimensions for W & H, and the resolution which you determined in step #1. Drag out the outline to embrace what you wish to retain, and commit to crop.

4. Make a test print. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines