• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing and saving jpegs..

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I resize/reduce a jpeg in Elements 8 it won't save as a Jpeg [even though it says save as a Jpeg], instead it saves as a 'File' which I can't open. Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you resizing?

After completing the maneuver, go to File>save as, select JPEG as the file format and see if you can open the new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resizing by going to 'Resize image' and reducing pixel count, then I go to save - save as Jpeg, and it saves an an unopenable 'File'.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I go to Enhance and Resize and manually reduce the size. I think I have sorted it out now though. I think the problem was file naming - if the file I was saving had an identical name it would only save as 'File' and be unopenable. Changing the file name appears to all ow things to progress...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines