• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restoring Catalog and tags Elements Organizer 2020

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgraded from elements 2018 to 2020. Previously spent hours making sure all the faces were tagged properly in organizer. Selected write metadata to the files. 

When importing to 2020, it imports the tags but yet none of the tags shows up in the people pane and the recognzied faces do not carry over into the 2020 upgrade. 

I had also backed up my cataglog from the 2020 version. Yet whenever I restore the backup it creates a seperate directory with new copies of all the files. There does not seem to be anyway to just restore the catalog and keep the same location I was alteady using. (The catalog files are stored on a separate drive from the photos. Everytime I restore it copies all of the photos over to the other drive). 

Shouldn't be that hard to upgrade to a new version and keep the tags and settings as they were before. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You need to 'Convert' your 2018 catalog to 2020, to keep the pictures in original location. 

Please read 'Use (convert) a catalog of a previous version' section of article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/using/creating-editing-catalogs.html

Let me know in case of any queries while converting it.

Thanks,

Somya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines