• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restoring catalog on Mac computer with PSE2019

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to restore My Catalog on a new Mac computer with PSE2019. On an external hard drive, I backed up My Catalog in PSE2010 on my old Mac computer, following Adobe's instructions. But when I try to restore the catalog on the new computer, it says the file is invalid.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Elements forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suzan,

While restoring the catalog, it seems you are browsing to the 'folder' which contains your catalog backup. In your backup folder, there would be a 'Backup.tly' file. You need to select that 'Backup.tly' file, in the 'Locate the backup file' section.

clipboard_image_0.png

Let me know if this solves your issue or in case of any other queries.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told by Adobe chat yesterday that the problem is the catalog was created in PSE 2010 and I will not be able to restore it in PSE 2019. They said I need to download a trial version on PSE 2013 and then restore the catalog. Then I need to download a trial version of PSE 2015 and restore the catalog. And then I will be able to restore it in PSE 2019. The links he gave me to do this whole process are dead. I am appalled at the lack of support Adobe is offering me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am not sure you have been given the right information. With Windows, the procedure to first install PSE2013 was necessary to deal with the fact that before PSE6 catalog databases were Microsoft Access and not Sqlite. I don't know about Macs, so I am curious to understand why the procedure would be necessary?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines