• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retaining new pixels per inch changes in Photoshop Elements 11

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening images with Elements 11, the default PPI setting is 240. I wish to save some images to 300PPI, prior to sending on-line to a print house. When changing the PPI via the Resize > image size route or setting with the crop tool, the change shows whilst the image is open, but is lost when the image is 'saved' or 'saved as' and again defaults to the 240 PPI value.

Does anyone have a solution to this, or more conveniently changing the default PPI value to 300. There does not appear to be a meams of changing the default value.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Resample Image box checked?

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.02.20_14h38m21s_003_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

I have both the resample box ticked and not ticked - the problem remains.

When opening images (from my Pentax K-3), images open at a default 240ppi. If I change the resolution to 300ppi (via the Image Size box or Cropping Tool) for sending to a print house, the change is shown on screen. However when I 'save' or 'save as' the amended file, then reopen, the image opens at the default 240ppi. Do you recommend changing default settings to recommend this or is there a software fault. I have reinstalled Elements 11, but the problem persists. I operate on Windows 10. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. I also use Element Plus plug-ins - have you experience of this causing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have PSEv.11. However, have a look here:

Edit menu>Preferences>Units and Rulers. Do you see  "New Document Preset Resolutions?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your reply. I now updated to PSE 2020, where now the image opening PPI is 300. I have tried your suggestion for both PSE versions and the the image resolution remains unchanged when opening a file. It does'nt really cause a problem, as I use the resize command for PPI settings when I export to a print house or other applications.

I have put the query on the opening file size to Adobe and when I get a reply I will publish the response here, for general interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines