• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Returning from Expert to Guided for more editing Elements 2020

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user.  Making a multi-photo text over a background photo and have moved from the guided edit to expert.  Noticed a problem with one of the photos in a letter and want to adjust it's position.  Cannot seem to do anything in expert and wish to move back into guided to continue editing.  I have not saved it yet and am afraid of losing hours of work.  Can someone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

With your document open in expert mode, select "Layers" in the "Windows" menu.  A pallette should appear on the right side of your screen displaying all the layers within your document.  From there, hopefully you'll simply select the offending image (layer) you wish to repostion and use the Move tool.   I think I understand the adjustment you're trying to make but I've never created one of those docs before so I'm doing a little guessing here.  Post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your document open in expert mode, select "Layers" in the "Windows" menu.  A pallette should appear on the right side of your screen displaying all the layers within your document.  From there, hopefully you'll simply select the offending image (layer) you wish to repostion and use the Move tool.   I think I understand the adjustment you're trying to make but I've never created one of those docs before so I'm doing a little guessing here.  Post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so, so much for your help.

I am on Elements 2020 and it's a little different.  I isolated the photo layer in the menu on the right, then accessed the layers tools from the top row choices.  I was able to detach the layer and then resize it and drop it back into the letter.

It worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way to go!  😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the individual layers usually gives more options but you should be able to go back into Guided from Expert mode. See this example in my quick YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/yTwK2ZOLm_g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the tutorial.  That is what I needed to see.  When I returned to guided and saw the main menu choices and chose to multi-photo text again I would come back to the photo I was working on but could no longer move the letters around for alignment or access the photo within the letter to make further adjustments.  It's was very frustrating.  Now I know how to adjust a layer from the expert mode and then return to guided. Appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines